Want to work at Moffly Media? We are hiring! Please email all resumes to Employment@moffly.com.
Audience Development Editor
The Job: The Audience Development Editor performs editorial and promotional work for online marketing to grow audience. They are responsible for implementing the vision and values by creating editorial content to build audiences across all brand media channels. The Aud Dev Editor does so using SEO campaign development, performing keyword research, creating social media presence and turning website visitors into email subscribers.
Strategic Goals: Create happy readers, users and customers while maximizing revenue and profit.
Key Metrics: Grow the engaged email list, engaged website user traffic, and engaged social media. Additional supporting metrics are traffic website visits, search engine impressions and arrivals, inbound links, web to email conversion rate, engaged email database, email list circulation, contact frequency, retention rate digital advertising product revenue growth.
Reports To: the President. Day-to-day the Aud Dev Editor works with magazine editors, CRO, product managers, and other team member as appropriate to help them effectively create and repurpose their content for distribution and promotion on the web and via email and social.
Five Strategic Activities and Key Metrics for the Audience Development Editor
Content Development: Works with premium content producers to create free and derivative posts and content previews for use throughout the MofflyLifestyleMedia.com website network (brands, BOGC, portal, subscription pages), email newsletters, and social promotions (Key Metric: Website Visits).
Search Engine Optimization: Optimizes all portal content for search engines and manages SEO Campaigns (Key Metric: Search Engine Impressions & Arrivals).
Link Building: Initiates and maintains relationships with media outlets, community organizations, business associations and nonprofits, and their websites, both monitoring their content and making frequent contributions, links, etc. And trains the magazines editors to do the same (Key Metric: External Inbound Links, Arrivals from Other Websites).
Website to Email Conversion: Plans, executes, and optimizes all website conversion architecture including Rapid Conversion Landing Pages, Floaters, OFIEs, and text ads required to build new email subscriber relationships (Key Metric: Website to Email Conversion Rate, Email Circulation).
Email Marketing: Plans, executes and optimizes all email marketing campaigns including regulars, previews, spotlights and advertiser programs (Key Metrics: Email Circulation, Contact Frequency, Revenue per M Emails Sent, Revenue per Subscriber).
Accountability: Manages agreed-upon expense budget, revenue metrics, key metrics and reports to a President, and interacts regularly with team leaders on content, design, and technology.
Skill Set: Someone who would excel in the position of Audience Development Editor will have a range of both technical and professional skills, but be more of a generalist than a specialist or technician. He or she is comfortable using their considerable communications skills both interpersonally and in writing. They enjoy the following activities: research, writing, editing, and analysis.
- Must live in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Bachelor’s Degree in interactive media, journalism, communications, marketing, creative writing or equivalent experience with strong skills in computing, logic and analysis.
- Five to ten years of relevant organic marketing experience with working knowledge of open source content management systems, search engines, and related software tools.
- Goal-driven with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities.
- Ability to work independently as well as a teammate and community member.
- Enthusiastic attitude to all parties and a deep desire to manage by the numbers.
Editor — Stamford CT Magazine
Are you an involved member of the Stamford Connecticut community? Do you love where you live? (We mean really love where you live!) Do you possess editorial experience and creative vision that would bring life, color, fun and flair to your Stamford Magazine media? Do you welcome rolling up your sleeves and handling it all? Does socializing, developing relationships, finding the fun stories sound good to you? Do you live in Stamford Connecticut?
If yes to ALL, then lets talk!
Here’s the rundown:
Your purpose is to build on Stamford Magazine’s editorial mission with relevant consumer content and packaging.
This contract position affords the flexibility of working from home. It requires active presence with community organizations in the City of Stamford. The work involves consistent engagement every month, with its digital content channels and bi-monthly print publication. The Stamford Magazine brand encompasses content that is integrated across print and digital media, appropriate to each media channel.
- Residence in Stamford Connecticut is required for this community involvement role.
- Minimum ten years of appropriate editorial experience with media brands.
- In-Design proficiency, and willingness to learn WordPress and other software.
- Content development — Conceptualizing and assigning all editorial content; coordinating freelance contributors; and ensuring all content meets the Moffly standard of quality, is relevant to the audience, and promotes reader engagement.
- Digital content — Writing email newsletters, social posts, and website content.
- Print content — Producing editorial for the print magazine, including both unique and shared content from across brands; working with the art director on the packaging of stories; reviewing and inputting all changes to final layouts; and completing issue imposition using the online planning system;
- Relationships — Maintaining connections with the nonprofit community; and working with the publisher, editorial director, and other personnel as appropriate.
Digital Marketing Sales Leader
Take your digital marketing and sales experience to the next level, and grow digital sales. Now is the time to use your digital marketing proficiency to impact local businesses. What do local businesses want to achieve? What do small business owners struggle with in marketing themselves and attracting customers? What problems can you help them solve?
Part opportunity and part challenge, the position will put you in the arena to be equally prospecting new customers and working with existing customers to help them better market themselves. You will identify customer problems, opportunities and pain points; develop marketing strategies to solve the top issues; and package a suite of owned-media and programmatic products to achieve your customers’ goals. And then transition them into satisfied clients and super fans for your success.
You must love our area and the small-business owners who do business along the Gold Coast of Fairfield County, including the storied communities of Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, Westport and Fairfield. You will have license to show your initiative while also having the support of an experienced team. Most of all, you will be able to grow your career in the place you call home, lower Fairfield County.
Responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Sales Leader:
Prospect, develop, maintain and grow digital advertising and content marketing campaign revenue. Represent Moffly Media as the digital advertising point-person in-market, and work with the team on best practices.
Must have 5-10 years of digital marketing experience using programmatic and digital advertising strategies for businesses to grow; and live in lower Fairfield County, CT
Chief Revenue Officer