Whether you’re looking for a classic “Connecticut-style” hot lobster roll, or you’re a firm believer that the only true lobster roll is served chilled, there’s a Fairfield County lobster roll for you.
We asked local foodie and classically trained chef Lauren Braun Costello, of It’s Lauren, Of Course! for her top lobster rolls in the area. Here are her picks, from gussied-up dine-in versions, to simple take-out style rolls you can take home for dinner.
The Best Fairfield County Lobster Rolls
We bring you Lauren’s List: The ultimate local haunts to dine-in as well as the places to pick up ready-made rolls.
Best Dine-In Lobster Roll
- La Plage, Westport
- Boathouse Restaurant at Saugatuck Rowing Club, Westport
- Baldanza at the Schoolhouse, Wilton
Best Takeout & Catering Lobster Roll
- LobsterCraft, Fairfield
- Knot Norm’s, Norwalk
Best Dock & Dine Lobster Roll
- Match Burger Lobster, Westport
- Lobster Shack, Westport
- Rowayton Seafood, Rowayton
Best Build Your Own Lobster Roll
- Lobster meat from Fjord Fish Market and Superior Seafood in Westport
- Nordic Fish in Fairfield
Best Bang for Your Buck Lobster Roll
- Ready-made rolls and meat by the pound at Stew Leonard’s in Norwalk